Archive 2021-152: COVID-19 and Business Valuation – One Year Later – What Worked and What Didn’t
**Webinar 152: Live Broadcast Date: March 2, 2021**
Recording of VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: COVID-19 and Business Valuation – One Year Later – What Worked and What Didn’t
with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
It has been a long year, with many challenges in business valuation. We have tried a lot of things; some have worked, and some have not. Learn how business valuation changed during 2020 and get better tools and data NOW to help you prepare a valuation. In this webinar we will cover the right tools for computing discount, growth, and capitalization rates; economic and industry data; discounts and premiums; supportable income, market, and asset approach methods; and BV standards.
The participant will learn about the issues in the following areas:
- A new look at valuation dates and the “known or knowable” concept
- How to apply probabilistic scenario analysis in the CCF
- Alternatives to using probabilistic/scenario analyses in the DCF
- Examples of discount rates and why you must look beyond the data inputs
- Company-specific risk – Is it the great equalizer in this pandemic?
- New support for interim and long-term growth rates
- A fresh look at the guideline company transactions method
- The challenges of using public market data
- Why going concern values can be less than the net asset value
- Discounts for lack of marketability and control
- Report-writing changes you should make for COVID valuations
- BV standards – more important than ever
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Related articles
- Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.