May 16, 2019
Hitchner and Gregory
Supporting Your Business Valuation with the IRS
Detailed review of the blockbuster Kress v. U.S. case
Federal Court Accepts Tax Affecting an S Corp
Jim Hitchner and Mike Gregory cover the key aspects of effectively supporting your business valuation before the IRS. Here are just a few of the questions that Hitchner and Gregory will answer in this webinar:
- Do you know how the IRS reviews a business valuation report?
- Do you know the impact of the TCJA over one year out?
- Do you know which DLOMs work and which ones do not?
- Do you know how to prepare and support an S corp valuation for the IRS?
- Do you know how the IRS determines reasonable compensation?
- Do you know what BV areas the IRS makes the most adjustments?
- Do you know the key variables when working out issues with the IRS?
- Do you know what to expect when testifying in tax court?
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
- Managing Director, Financial Valuation Advisors
- CEO, Valuation Products and Services
- President, The Financial Consulting Group
- Coauthor, Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit
- Coauthor, Hitchner Pratt Fishman: A Consensus View,
- Q&A Guide to Financial Valuation
- Coauthor, Financial Valuation Applications and Models, fourth edition
- Coauthor, PPC’s Guide to Business Valuations, 29th edition
- Former member of the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force
- Inductee in the AICPA BV Hall of Fame
Michael Gregory, ASA, CVA, NSA, MBA,
- Qualified Mediator Minnesota Supreme Court
- Founder, Michael Gregory Consulting, LLC (mikegreg.com)
- Founder, The Collaboration Effect (collabeffect.com)
- Formerly IRS: 28 Years as Engineer and Valuer, Manager, Executive and Territory Manager, heading up BV nationally for 11 years.
- Champion of IRS Original Job Aid on S Corps, Reasonable Compensation and DLOMs
- Today focuses on alternative dispute resolution B to B, B to IRS and within B
- Author of eleven books and over 35 articles
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Selected relevant articles
- Following the webinar, attendees will receive an interactive video of the webinar showing the audio synced to the slide presentation in real time
VPS Special Fla Rate Pricing and Attendance Policy:
Pay one fee of $239 for everyone in your firm to participate – including your remote offices. Unlimited employees from your firm can receive 2 CPE credits for attending the live presentation at NO additional fee.
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.