July 13, 2021 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Providing Expert Testimony in Business Valuation:
What to Watch For and What to Watch Out For
Hitchner has testified about 100 times and has a wealth of experience to share. He will discuss testimony for depositions, bench trials, jury trials, and trials before arbitrators, mediators, and in other administrative proceedings. He will tackle the tough issues and take the time to answer your questions in a straightforward manner.
***Includes Deposition Preparation Checklist***
***Includes Sample Cross-Examination Questions and Answers***
***Includes a mock testimony***
SPECIAL FIRM-WIDE PRICING
Pay one fee of $239 for your staff to participate.
Your employees can receive 2 CPE credits for attending the live presentation at NO additional fee.
The participant will learn:
- How to gather trial experience even before your own first testimony experience
- Fulfilling your engagement, a prerequisite to testimony
- How to prepare for a deposition
- How to prepare for a jury trial
- How to prepare for a bench trial
- How to prepare for administrative hearings
- The nuances and gray areas in the use of testimony
- How BV standards can be used to either help or hurt your testimony
- The limits of opinions offered after review of the report of another expert – USPAP Standards No. 3 and No. 4
- When and how to approach testimony in depositions and various types of trials
- The differences between trial testimony and deposition testimony
- The dos and don’ts concerning depositions and trial testimony
- Handling trick questions
- The general rules in depositions and trials
- Preparing for a deposition
- Preparing for trial
- Dealing with soft spots in testimony
- How attorneys use BV standards to reinforce or destroy an expert’s credibility
- Review of the work of another expert – USPAP Standards No. 3 and No. 4 – What conclusions can you offer?
- How to handle a belligerent cross-examination
- Testimony in arbitration, mediation, and other administrative hearings
- Copy of the VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Deposition preparation checklist
- Sample cross-examination questions and answers
Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.