September 30, 2021 1:00 -3:00 pm EDT
Avoiding the Chaos and Selecting the Proper Methodology
Confusion reigns in the valuation of S corporations, with widespread disagreement among practitioners. Let’s find out who is right and who is wrong. There are not two or three or four sides to this matter – there is only one.
SPECIAL FIRM-WIDE PRICING
Pay one fee of $239 for your staff to participate.
Your employees can receive 2 CPE credits for attending the live presentation at NO additional fee. Certain restrictions apply
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
- Managing Director, Financial Valuation Advisors
- CEO, Valuation Products and Services
- President, The Financial Consulting Group
- Coauthor, Hitchner Pratt Fishman, A Consensus View Q&A Guide to Financial Valuations
- Coauthor, Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit
- Coauthor, Financial Valuation Applications and Models, 4th edition
- Coauthor, PPC’s Guide to Business Valuations, 31st edition
- Former member of the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force
- Inductee in the AICPA BV Hall of Fame
- Information to help support your S-corp valuations
- Validity of current S-corp models
- Strengths and weaknesses of each model
- Two models that became dysfunctional
- S-corp premiums: where did we go wrong?
- Is there now a C-corp premium?
- Why the C-corp equivalent value matters
- Service vs. non-service businesses
- Corporate taxes vs. individual taxes – it matters a lot
- New S-corp court cases
The participant will learn:
- How to evaluate the S-corp valuation models and apply the correct one to a subject company
- The issues related to S-corp premiums and whether a C-corp premium exists
- The influence of taxes and new court cases on S-corp analysis
- Copy of the VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.