January 21, 2020
Annual New Year BV Update
The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2019 That You Need to Know and Understand
Are you behind in your reading? Is your new year’s resolution to wade through that stack of publications on your desk? This webinar will help you keep that resolution and clear that clutter. We will only present what we believe to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2019. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as the income approach, cost of capital, S corps, TCJA’s impact on valuation, control premiums, BV and forensic standards, calculations, nonoperating assets and liabilities, and expert testimony.
Polling data on what your peers are doing in important areas of business valuation including: S corps, discounts, cost of capital, income approach methods, market approach methods, report writing, engagement letters, and calculation engagements.
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
- Managing Director, Financial Valuation Advisors
- CEO, Valuation Products and Services
- President, The Financial Consulting Group
- Coauthor, Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit
- Coauthor, Hitchner Pratt Fishman: A Consensus View, Q&A Guide to Financial Valuation
- Coauthor, Financial Valuation Applications and Models, fourth edition
- Coauthor, PPC’s Guide to Business Valuations, 27th edition
- Former member of the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force
- Inductee in the AICPA BV Hall of Fame
The participant will learn about new developments in the following areas:
- Two years out – Did TCJA have the expected impact on BV? What really happened?
- Whether the so-called S-corp premium is gone
- S-corp taxes – corporate or individual rates
- Size premiums – appraisers vs. academics
- Calculations vs. valuation engagements in litigation
- “Best practices” in the income approach
- The cost of capital data wars – what to do
- Control premium insanity
- How to determine nonoperating assets and liabilities
- What you need to know about the way the new AICPA Forensic Services Standard affects valuation
- Advanced expert testimony tips
- Valuation dirty little secrets
Participants will be able to download the following:
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Related articles
- Publication citations
Following the webinar, attendees will receive an interactive video of the webinar showing the audio synced to the slide presentation in real time
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.