January 8, 2019
Start the New Year with a concise recap of what’s NEW in business valuation!
Clear out that clutter on your desk! Jim has gone through that stack of BV literature—new books, periodicals, and digital publications. He’s ready to share some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2018. This includes only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as the capitalized cash flow method, cost of capital, reports, S corps, discounts for lack of marketability, tax valuations, transactions method, control premiums, and cross-examination.
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Managing Director, Financial Valuation Advisors
CEO, Valuation Products and Services
President, The Financial Consulting Group
Coauthor, Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit
Coauthor, Hitchner Pratt Fishman: A Consensus View,
Q&A Guide to Financial Valuation
Coauthor, Financial Valuation Applications and Models, fourth edition
Coauthor, PPC’s Guide to Business Valuations, 27th edition
Former member of the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force
Inductee in the AICPA BV Hall of Fame
- The participant will learn:
- A summary of the impact of the TCJA on business valuation
- Whether the so-called S corp premium is gone
- The “real” story on calculations
- A fresh look at DealStats and the new MergerShark
- New “Best Practices” in the income approach
- New “Best Practices” in the cost of capital
- Duff & Phelps Navigator (with new enhancements)
- BVResources Cost of Capital Pro
- Aswath Damodaran
- Whether the size premium really exists
- Cross-examination tips
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Related articles
- Publication citations
- Following the webinar, attendees will receive an interactive video of the webinar showing the audio synced to the slide presentation in real time
Polling data on what your peers are doing in important areas of business valuation including: S corps, discounts, cost of capital, income approach methods, market approach methods, goodwill in divorce, report writing, and calculation engagements
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.