Upcoming Webinars – Save the Date
February 16, 2022: What Can You Expect with BV at the IRS in 2022 and Beyond? presented by Mike Gregory
March 1, 2022: Ask the Experts presented by Jim Hitchner, Chris Mercer and Michelle Gallagher
April 5, 2022: Cost of Capital in Lost Profits Analyses presented by Roger Grabowski and Jaime d’Almeida
February 2, 2022 1:00 – 3:00 pm EST
Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update:
The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2021
That You Need to Know and Understand
- Are you behind in your reading?
- Is your New Year’s resolution to wade through that stack of publications on your desk?
- Are you still unsure about valuation issues during and after COVID?
This webinar will help you keep that resolution, clear that clutter, and update you on valuations. We will present what we believe to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2021. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as cost of capital, growth rates, standards, company specific risk, DLOMs, court cases, avoiding mistakes, economic research data, various databases, webinar polls, and expert testimony.
Special Bonus: Handouts include a free issue of Hitchner’s publication
“Hardball with Hitchner: Tough Issues … Clear Answers”
SPECIAL FIRM-WIDE PRICING
Pay one fee of $239 for your staff to participate.
Your employees can receive 2 CPE credits for attending the live presentation at NO additional fee.
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
- Managing Director, Financial Valuation Advisors
- CEO, Valuation Products and Services
- President, The Financial Consulting Group
- Coauthor, Hitchner Pratt Fishman: A Consensus View, Q&A Guide to Financial Valuation
- Coauthor, Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit
- Coauthor, Financial Valuation Applications and Models, 4th edition
- Coauthor, PPC’s Guide to Business Valuations, 31st edition
- Former member of the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force
- Inductee in the AICPA BV Hall of Fame
The participant will learn about developments in the following areas:
- Navigating the Duff & Phelps COC Navigator
- New thoughts on company‐specific risk
- The latest on size premiums
- Year‐end 2021 benchmark data to support your discount rates
- New thoughts on growth rates
- How to use – or not use – the new International Glossary of Business Valuation terms
- Ghaidarov’s new framework for DLOMs
- The use – or not – of pre‐IPO DLOM studies
- How to avoid certain business valuation mistakes
- A balanced review of economic research reports
- A balanced review of certain business valuation databases
- How webinar polls reveal who’s doing what in business valuation
- Advanced expert testimony tips
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- “Hardball with Hitchner” issue
- Publication citations
- Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program.
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.