Wednesday, April 29, 2021 1:00 – 3:00 pm EDT
Healthcare Valuation 2021 Update:
Regulatory Updates and Healthcare-Specific
COVID Valuation Considerations
The COVID pandemic has impacted nearly all businesses and is poised to continue to do so through at least the end of 2021. In healthcare, there have been additional issues due to the industry’s unique position at the crossroads of the front line of care and policy response.
As of January 19, 2021, important updates have gone into effect concerning the two most significant laws in healthcare transactions and valuations: the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
This webinar will examine the pandemic-driven financial statement and valuation concerns unique to the healthcare industry, as well as provide an overview of how the 2021 final rules for Stark and AKS will affect healthcare valuations and what analysts will need to consider moving forward.
In this session, the participant will:
- Gain an understanding of the unique financial statement impacts imposed upon healthcare entities by the pandemic, both direct and indirect
- See examples from actual valuations and the presenters’ recommended treatment of pandemic impacts in healthcare valuations
- Learn about the updates to Stark and AKS as a result of the 2021 final rules
- Learn how the updated Stark and AKS laws may affect healthcare valuations in 2021 and beyond
Don Barbo, CPA/ABV
- Managing Director, VMG Health’s Litigation and Disputes Healthcare Services Group
- Specializes in healthcare business valuations involving mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, partnership transactions, leasing, divorce, commercial damages, and financial reporting
- Serves as an expert witness in litigated matter, including testifying before the U.S. Tax Court and various state and federal courts
- Member, Medical Group Management Assoc. (MGMA),
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Assoc. (HFMA)
Brad Parker, CPA/ABV
- Manager, VMG Health
- Specializes in valuation and transaction advisory services for management planning, transaction, litigation and dispute resolution, financial reporting, and tax purposes
- Healthcare experience includes valuation of hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, home health and hospice agencies, and management companies
- Provides resolution/advisory services for both public and private entities, including partner disputes, marital dissolution, clinical compensation, lost profits, business interruption, and breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty
Participants will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, related articles, and following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program.
SPECIAL FIRM-WIDE PRICING
Pay one fee of $239 for your staff to participate. Your employees can receive 2 CPE credits for attending the live presentation at NO additional fee
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.