January 26, 2021, 1:00-3:00 pm
Annual New Year BV Update
The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2020
That You Need to Know and Understand
Are you way behind in your reading?
Is your new year’s resolution to review that stack of publications on your desk?
Are you still unsure about valuation issues during Covid?
This webinar will help you keep that resolution, clear that clutter, and update you on COVID valuations. We will present what we believe to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2020. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as the income approach, cost of capital, S corps, the TCJA after three years, control premiums, BV standards, calculations, and expert testimony.
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
- Managing Director, Financial Valuation Advisors
- CEO, Valuation Products and Services
- President, The Financial Consulting Group
- Coauthor, Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit
- Coauthor, Hitchner Pratt Fishman: A Consensus View,
- Q&A Guide to Financial Valuation
- Editor/Coauthor, Financial Valuation Applications and Models, 4th edition
- Coauthor, PPC’s Guide to Business Valuations, 30th edition
- Former member of the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force
- Inductee in the AICPA BV Hall of Fame
SPECIAL FIRM-WIDE PRICING
Pay one fee of $239 for your staff to participate.
Your employees can receive 2 CPE credits for attending the live presentation at NO additional fee.
Outline and Learning Objectives:
The participant will learn:
- How to handle current S-corp issues
- Valuing Main Street vs. Wall Street businesses
- Current best practices for developing and evaluating projections and forecasts
- New thoughts on the use of various sources of cost of capital data
- Cost of capital in uncertain and turbulent times
- New thoughts on company-specific risk
- The latest on size premiums – the fight continues
- Year-end 2020 benchmark data to support your discount rates
- New thoughts on the so-called “optimal capital structure”
- How to apply BV standards and rely on subsequent events
- Three-years out – the impact of the TCJA on business valuation
- Methods to determine a discount for lack of liquidity of a 100% controlling interest
- Continuation of control premium insanity
- Advanced expert testimony tips
Participants will be able to download the following:
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Full issue of new “Hardball with Hitchner” publication
- Related articles
- A video recording that will be available following the webinar
Jim Hitchner’s Valuation Products and Services (VPS) provides tools to assist practitioners in business valuation, litigation services, and forensics and fraud.
Valuation Products and Service, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.