Archive 2021-159: Considerations in the Valuation of Intellectual Property: Patents and Trade Secrets
**Webinar 159: Live Broadcast Date: October 19, 2021, 1:00-3:00 pm EDT**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Considerations in the Valuation of Intellectual Property: Patents and Trade Secrets
Speakers: Kristopher Boushie, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA, CFE and Devalina Chatterjee, PhD
This webinar will address the unique aspects of intellectual property, primarily patents and trade secrets, and the challenges of application of the valuation approaches – income, market, or asset/cost. We will
explore methods and supporting analyses that overcome these challenges to enable the expert to support and defend a determination of value.
The presentation will discuss the overlap between a damage analysis and determining market value, including establishing a royalty for damages and setting a rate for transfer pricing.
In this session, the participant will:
- Explore specific characteristics of intellectual property and how these impact valuation approaches and supporting analyses
- Learn how to overcome the unique challenges of applying the income, market, or asset/cost approaches to valuing patents and trade secrets
- Learn about the key differences encountered when valuing patents and trade secrets in litigation, transfer pricing, and arm’s‐length commercial transactions
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.