2020-148: Business Valuation in a COVID World – Cost of Capital, Growth Rates, and Uncertainties
**Webinar 148: Live Broadcast Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020**
Archive of VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Business Valuation in a COVID World – Cost of Capital, Growth Rates, and Uncertainties
Speaker: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Are you unsure about valuing U.S. businesses during this pandemic?
Do you know how to prepare a supportable discount rate and growth rates?
This webinar will show you how to deal with these unprecedented times and give you the tools and data to help you prepare a valuation. This includes the right tools for computing discount, growth, and capitalization rates.
The participant will learn about the following:
• How to assess uncertainty and support your value conclusion
• Is the equity discount rate affected? If so, how and where?
• Is the weighted average cost of capital affected? If so, how and where?
• Is the level of and rate on debt affected? If so, how and where?
• Why D&P increased their recommended equity risk premium
• Why D&P lowered their normalized risk-free rate
• How to support a size premium
• What’s going on with betas and industry risk premiums
• Company-specific risk – Is it the great equalizer in this pandemic?
• Where do you get interim growth rates?
• Where do you get long-term growth rates?
• How should projected company value drivers be reflected in estimating value (revenue, cost, growth, competition, market conditions, etc.)?
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download from your shopping cart instructions on how to access your webinar recording.