Archive 2021-151: Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update
**Webinar 151: Live Broadcast Date: January 26, 2021**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update – The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2020That You Need to Know and Understand
with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
We have never had a year like this! If you’ve been busy trying to manage a practice in 2020, you need Jim’s Annual New Year BV Update. It is a must-attend event and never more than this year that has changed so much.
Are you behind in your reading?
Is your new year’s resolution to wade through that stack of publications on your desk?
Are you still unsure about valuation issues during COVID?
This webinar will help you keep that resolution, clear that clutter, and update you on COVID valuations. We will only present what we believe to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2020. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as the income approach, cost of capital, S corps, the TCJA after three years, control premiums, BV standards, calculations, and expert testimony.
The participant will learn about new developments in the following areas:
• How to handle current S-corp issues
• Valuing Main Street vs. Wall Street businesses
• Current best practices for developing and evaluating projections and forecasts
• New thoughts on the use of various sources of cost of capital data
• The cost of capital in uncertain and turbulent times
• New thoughts on company-specific risk
• The latest on size premiums – the fight continues
• Year-end 2020 benchmark data to support your discount rates
• New thoughts on the so-called “optimal capital structure”
• How to apply BV standards and rely on subsequent events
• Three-years out – the impact of the TCJA on business valuation
• Methods to determine a discount for lack of liquidity of a 100% controlling interest
• Control premium insanity continues
• Advanced expert testimony tips
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Related articles
- Full issue of new publication “Hardball with Hitchner”
- Archive video recording of the program.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.