Discount for Lack of Marketability
Guide and Toolkit
Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV, ASA
Josh Angell, CFA
Kate Morris, ASA
VPS DISCOUNT FOR LACK OF MARKETABILITY GUIDE covers:
- Description of DLOM approaches and methods from past and present
- Presentation and analysis of historical DLOM studies
- Summary of different option methods
- Case studies illustrating application of different methodologies
- Analyses of restricted stock transaction databases
- Summaries of relevant court cases
The GUIDE includes two case studies that take you through an easily understandable and transparent process for determining a supportable DLOM.
The GUIDE includes an in-depth discussion on the following studies, databases, models and methods:
- Legacy restricted stock benchmark studies
- FMV Opinions detailed restricted stock database
- Pluris detailed restricted stock database
- Legacy pre-IPO benchmark studies
- Valuation Advisors detailed pre-IPO database
- Quantitative marketability discount model (QMDM)
- VPS DLOM Toolkit
- Option pricing models
- Analytical methods
- Hertzel and Smith
- Bajaj, Denis, Ferris and Sarin
- Long-term equity anticipation securities (LEAPS)
- NERA CAPM
- Mandelbaum-type analyses
- IRS DLOM Job Aid – Discount for Lack of Marketability Job Aid for Valuation Professionals
Click here to see the detailed Table of Contents for this 800+ page DLOM Guide.
DLOM Guide only – PDF format $199
Also available is the companion toolkit* of Excel models:
- VPS Restricted Stock Study Quintile Calculator (RSQC), which enables the user to adjust for differences in risk/volatility, holding periods, dividends, and Mandelbaum-type factors
- Option Pricing Calculators:
- Black Scholes/Chaffe Calculator
- Finnerty Calculator
- Ghaidarov Calculators
- Longstaff Calculator
- QMDM Template
- Quantitative Methods Comparison Template
- Illiquidity Premium Calculator
- C Corporation Equivalent Dividend Yield Calculator
This VPS DLOM Guide and Toolkit* will save you significant time and expense by simplifying a complex process.
Get both the VPS DLOM Guide and Toolkit*
Click here to view/download a video presentation that includes a case study showing the detail of the use of the DLOM Toolkit.
*Note: Toolkit requires use of Stout Restricted Stock Study, available for purchase at www.bvresources.com.
Guide (PDF) and Toolkit – $499
By clicking “Add to Cart,” the purchaser agrees to the following: VPS DLOM Guide and Toolkit is the property of Valuation Products and Services, LLC and is protected under U.S. and foreign copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. No part of this Guide or Toolkit may be distributed in any form (including mechanical, photocopying, scanning, recording, email, and any other electronic means) without prior written permission from Valuation Products and Services, LLC.