Archive 2023-175: Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update: The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2022 That You Need to Know and Understand
**Webinar 175: Live Broadcast Date: January 17, 2023, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update: The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2021 That You Need to Know and Understand
Speakers: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF and Greg P. Saunders, CPA/ABV, ASA
Start the New Year with a concise recap of what’s NEW in business valuation.
Clear that clutter on your desk! Jim has gone through that stack of BV literature – new books, periodicals, digital publications – and is ready to share what he believes to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2022. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as the income approach; cost of capital; inflation; growth rates; the transactions method, including a special court case; the public company method; reports; BV standards; poll results; and expert testimony.
Handouts include a free issue of Hitchner’s publication
“Hardball with Hitchner: Tough Issues … Clear Answers”
The participant will learn about developments in the following areas:
- Cost of capital inputs and differences in opinions: BVR, Kroll, and Damodaran – Who’s right?
- How to use the Pepperdine surveys
- Trugman’s thoughts on company-specific risk
- The guideline company transactions method – a fresh look, including a blockbuster court case
- The guideline public company method – key issues on selecting guideline public companies, e.g., is one enough?
- Year-end 2022 benchmark return data to support your discount rates
- Grabowski’s new research on whether long-term growth rates are too high
- Bad vs. good language in reports
- How to use both the new and old glossaries of business valuation terms
- The IRS, appraisers, and penalties – Watch out!
- Poll results – Who’s doing what?
- Advanced expert testimony tips
- Copy of the VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- “Hardball with Hitchner” issue
- Publication citations
- Access to a video recording of the program.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.