Archive 2022-173: Valuation in Divorce Cases
**Webinar 173: Live Broadcast Date: November 9, 2022, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Recent Trends in Estate and Gift Tax Valuations
Speakers: Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV and James Ewart, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA
Valuation for matrimonial dissolution is a complex minefield exacerbated by the hundreds of related decisions published by state courts. The speakers will leverage their considerable experience to highlight issues to be considered in valuing a business in the context of divorce.
The participant will learn:
- Issues to be considered in performing a small business valuation in a divorce matter
- The role of personal goodwill in divorce valuation
- How to review the report of an opposing expert in a divorce valuation matter
- Unique issues in divorce valuations
- Business valuation standards in divorce valuation
- Standard of Value
- Premise of Value
- What is included or excluded from the marital estate as it relates to the business value
- Personal goodwill issues
- Pass through entity (PTE) issues
- Copy of the VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Access to a video recording of the program.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.