Archive 2021-160: How to Attack and Defend the Databases Used by Valuation Analysts
**Webinar 160: Live Broadcast Date: November 17, 2021, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: How to Attack and Defend the Databases Used by Valuation Analysts
Speakers: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Have you ever been cross-examined by an attorney who is more familiar than you with databases referenced in your valuation? When was the last time, if ever, that you reviewed and studied the methodology and data of databases you are relying on in your analyses and reports? Your credibility can be damaged if you can’t answer questions about the databases you use. This webinar will summarize what’s important to know about these databases, the strengths and weaknesses of the reported information, and how to protect the integrity of your opinions.
The participant will learn the pluses and minuses that are in each database, including embedded assumptions and data that can hurt you. This includes vendor:
- Data usage recommendations
- Data construction problems
- Data anomalies
- The timing of the data
- Caveats that protect the vendor but not you
- Required disclosures
- Copyright problems
- Frequently asked questions
The participant will learn how to answer tough questions about the data in cross-examination.
- Duff & Phelps Cost of Capital Navigator
- BVResources Cost of Capital Professional
- Damodaran’s Cost of Capital Data
- Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Report
- ValuSource Market Comps
- Stout Restricted Stock Study & DLOM Calculator
- Valuation Advisors Lack of Marketability Discount Study
- Restricted Stock and Pre-IPO Benchmark Studies
- Economic Data Reports
- IBISWorld Industry Reports
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Cross-Examination of the Transactions Method of Valuation article
- Hardball with Hitchner, Issue 11 – September 2021 Economic Research Report Review article
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.