Archive 2022-161: Cost Analysis for Lost Profits Claims
**Webinar 161: Live Broadcast Date: January 18, 2022, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Cost Analysis for Lost Profits Claims
Speakers: Jeffrey H. Kinrich, MBA, MS, CPA, ABV, CFF
When computing lost profits, the basic formula is “Lost Profits = Lost Revenues ‐ Avoided Costs.” Often,
much time and effort are directed to determining lost revenues. Sometimes, the avoided cost element is
overlooked. But not now. This webinar will discuss the whys and hows of determining costs in a lost profit
computation. The discussion will include theoretical and conceptual approaches, practical
methodologies, and guidance from the relevant case law.
In this session, the participant will:
- Understand the difference between a lost revenue projection and a lost profits projection
- Develop a conceptual and practical understanding of the costs to be considered
- Learn the legal and economic issues related to incremental costs, fixed costs, and similar cost
- Learn methods and tools to estimate and project costs
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.