Archive webinar 2020-146: Advanced Issues in Basic Business Valuation
**Webinar 146: Live Broadcast Date: Thursday, July 30, 2020**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Advanced Issues in Business Valuation
Speaker: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
“Advanced basic” is not a contradiction in terms. This webinar is designed to benefit everyone, whether a first-year analyst or a seasoned BV veteran.
Are you tired of esoteric concepts and applications that few use and even fewer understand? Are you tired of answers like, “When you look at it this way the answer is this, but if you look at it that way the answer is that?” Do you scream when a presenter says “It depends” when asked a question, even a basic one?
The bottom line is that while the valuation profession has come a long way, we still can’t agree on many–and we mean many–basic valuation issues. This webinar covers those controversial issues and gives you confidence to understand and apply valuation fundamentals in the most supportable way.
The participant will learn about the following:
- What are the choices in fundamentals in business valuation?
- Which of those choices are the most supportable?
- What are the “junk” valuation concepts and applications that are so prevalent?
- What new tools do you need to know about, and how do you adopt them?
- The truth (past and present) about S-corp valuations
- Calculation engagements in litigation
- Control premiums – lost in a lost world
- Is there a COVID DLOM – minority and control?
- How to determine excess or deficient working capital
- Cost of capital data – what works and what doesn’t
- Benchmarks and data ranges for discount rates
- Benchmarks and data ranges for long-term growth rates
- Unlevering and relevering betas with COVID
- Size premium data and lack of liquidity issues – you can’t ignore it
- Why the so-called “optimal capital structure” might not exist
- How to handle distributable cash flow that is not distributed
- The proper weighting of earnings in a CCF model
- The terminal year assumptions of a DCF are often wrong
- Detecting a “rigged” projection
- Unsupportable interim growth rates
- Normalizing cap ex and depreciation
- Improper value reconciliation
- What really is a corroborating valuation method
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Publication citations
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download from your shopping cart instructions on how to access your webinar recording.