Archive 2023-185: Reflections on a 50-year Career in Business Valuation
**Webinar 185: Live Broadcast Date: December 5, 2023, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
Presenters: Jay E. Fishman, FASA, FRICS and Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV
Based on their 50 years of business valuation and career experience, Jay E. Fishman, FASA, FRICS and Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV will discuss from their perspectives the evolution of the valuation profession as to where it is today. In a section of the presentation entitled “It’s Not that Simple,” Jay and Jim will challenge some of the core concepts in business valuation and discuss experiences when each found themselves in a position that was untenable as an expert witness. “Sometimes you get out of the noose and other times you hang.”
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- Is there such a thing as a financial buyer in today’s world?
- Do observed discounts for closed end mutual funds reflect only a discount for lack of control ?
- Do put option models adequately capture discounts for lack of marketability or overstate them?
- Is a private company really less marketable than a public company because it is private?
- The use of outsourcing of the appraisal process and its impact on the quality of the opinion of value?
- Copy of the VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Access to a video recording of the program.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.