Archive 2023-178: Gift and Estate Tax Valuations: Overview and the Continuing Saga of Pass-through Entities
**Webinar 178: Live Broadcast Date: May 17, 2023, 1:00-3:00 pm EDT**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Gift and Estate Tax Valuations: Overview and the Continuing Saga of Pass-through Entities
Speakers: Don M. Drysdale, CPA/ABV, ASA and Chris D. Treharne ASA, MCBA, CVA
This webinar will present an overview of gift and estate tax valuations, selected tax code sections and regulations that impact those valuations, and some insights from recent tax court cases related to pass-through entities.
In this webinar, the participants will learn:
- A fundamental understanding of the U.S. gift and estate tax system as it relates to business valuation, including:
- the impact of potential changes to the exemption amount
- adequate disclosure requirements
- key items that need to be addressed in the valuation analyses and report to substantiate and support value conclusions
- An understanding of how recent court cases inform the valuation of pass-through entities and an overview of the Treharne model
- Overview of sources of data for discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability
Explanation of the various methods and models of calculating discounts for lack of marketability, including option models, Stout Restricted Stock Calculator and the QMDM, and how to support assumptions.
- Copy of the VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Access to a video recording of the program.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html
Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
Once your purchase is complete you will be able to download instructions from your shopping cart on how to access your webinar recording.