2020-139: Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update
**Webinar 139: Live Broadcast Date: January 21, 2020**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Hitchner’s Annual New Year BV Update – The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2019 That You Need to Know and Understand with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Polling data on what your peers are doing in important areas of business valuation, including:
S corps, discounts, cost of capital, income approach methods, market approach methods, report writing, engagement letters, and calculation engagements
The participant will learn about new developments in the following areas:
- Two years out – Did TCJA have the expected impact on BV? What really happened?
- Whether the so-called S-corp premium is gone
- S-corp taxes – corporate or individual rates
- Size premiums – appraisers vs. academics
- Calculations vs. valuation engagements in litigation
- “Best practices” in the income approach
- The cost of capital data wars – what to do
- Control premium insanity
- How to determine nonoperating assets and liabilities
- What you need to know about the way the new AICPA Forensic Services Standard affects valuation
- Advanced expert testimony tips
- Valuation dirty little secrets
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Related articles
- Publication citations
- Following the webinar, attendees will receive an interactive video of the webinar showing the audio synced to the slide presentation in real time
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
This product is a downloadable archived webinar package containing an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials can be accessed by clicking on the paperclip icon within the file.
To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete. You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.