Archive 2020-143: COVID-19 and Business Valuation – What to do NOW! PART 1
Webinar 143: Live Broadcast Date: May 14, 2020
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: COVID-19 and Business Valuation – What to do NOW! Valuing Small, Medium, and Large Businesses
Speaker: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
The participant will learn about the following:
- New AICPA VS Section 100 Subsequent Event Toolkit
- New VPS COVID-19 events and market reactions timeline
- Should the effect of the CARES Act be considered?
- When was the virus’s impact on value known or knowable?
- What are you doing for calendar year-end 2019 valuation dates?
- What are you doing for valuation dates in January, February, March, and April?
- How should actual company results for 2020 impact value estimates at March 31, 2020?
- The use of protective disclaimers
- Given the pandemic, are certain valuation methods preferred? DCF, CCF, GCTM, GPCM, NAV?
- Are you changing normalized income?
- Is the discount rate affected? If so, how and where?
- Why D&P increased their recommended ERP from 5.0% to 6.0% as of March 25, 2020
- Should DLOMs be affected?
- How should public market volatility be reflected in estimating fair value?
- How should projected company value drivers be reflected in estimating value (revenue, cost, growth, competition, market conditions, etc.)?
- Should projections be updated? What is the impact on value if they have not been updated?
- How much weight, if any, should be placed on recent transactions and public market prices?
Harold G. Martin, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA, CFE
Harold will present detailed examples of how to deal with risk and cash flows in the discounted cash flow and capitalized cash flow models in the current uncertain environment.
Note that all webinars in this Covid-19 series are stand-alone. They each cover a different topic related to valuation engagements with a valuation date during the pandemic.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
This product is a downloadable archived webinar package containing an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials can be accessed by clicking on the paperclip icon within the file.
To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete. You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.