2019-132: Jim Hitchner’s Mid-Year Business Valuation Update
**Webinar 132: Live Broadcast Date: June 18, 2019**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Mid-Year BV Update – The New Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods in 2019 That You Need to Know and Understand with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA NSA, MBA
Includes a Summary of the Impact of the TCJA on Business Valuation 1.5 Years Out
Our annual BV update webinar is so popular that we decided to offer a mid-year update. If you are behind in your reading, this webinar will help you clear that clutter. We will only present what we believe to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from the first six months of 2019. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as the TCJA, cost of capital, S corps, EBITDA, the income approach, transactions method, report writing, etc.
- A summary of the impact of the TCJA on business valuation a year and a half out
- What’s going on with S-corp valuations
- The Kessler S-corp case – Hitchner vs. Mercer vs. Van Vleet
- A different perspective on the use of the transaction method
- New “Best Practices” in the income approach
- Update on the cost of capital, including rules of thumb and benchmark ranges
- Duff & Phelps Cost of Capital Navigator
- BVResources Cost of Capital Professional
- The war on size premiums – Who is right?
- EBITDA in valuation – friend or foe?
- Company-specific risk – sample report language
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html Note that CPE credit is not available for viewing archived webinar packages.
This product is a downloadable archived webinar package containing an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete.
You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.