2017-113: Best Practices – S Corp Archive Webinar Package
**Webinar 113: Live Broadcast Date: October 26, 2017**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Business Valuation Methods – S Corp with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA and Kate Morris, ASA
Learn the Best Practices of the Business Valuation Methods in this VPS StraightTalk webinar series
To illustrate the best practices of valuation analysis for S Corporations, this session will use a detailed case study and provide sample report language.
– Best Practices – New case study applying four methods to value an S corp:
- Delaware MRI model
- Fannon Discount Rate Adjustment model
Van Vleet SEAM model
Other topics covered:
- Strengths and weaknesses of the models
- How to defend your S corp valuations
- How to determine an S corp adjustment
- Valuations secret – Where does the money go that is not distributed?
Te participant will learn:
- Why you should tax affect the earnings of an S corp as a starting point
- Why some analysts do not tax affect
- Whether to use corporate or personal tax rates
- About the prevalence of tax affecting S corp both in and out of the tax area
- How four of the S corp models work
- A summary review of the IRS job aid on S corps
- Control vs. minority S corp issues
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete.
You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.