Archive 2017-110: Best Practices: Business Valuation Methods – The Guideline Public Company Method
**Webinar 110: Live Broadcast Date: July 19, 2017 **
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Business Valuation Methods – The Guideline Public Company Method with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Learn the Best Practices of the Business Valuation Methods in this VPS StraightTalk webinar series
A defensible guideline publicly traded company analysis requires consideration of relative (1) comparability; (2) earnings and profitability trends; and (3) business outlook and prospects between the subject company and the guideline company group.
Best Practices – New case study applying the GPCM covers:
- Initial and subsequent screening
- Proper analysis of the data
Adjustments to the data
Proper application of the data
Conclusion and reconciliation
Level of reliance
Other topics covered:
- Proper and improper reliance on the GPCM
- Discussion of download programs and their reliability
- Strengths and weaknesses of the GPCM
- How an attorney can attack your credibility, including violations of standards
Using a detailed example and case study, the participant will learn:
- The benefits and pitfalls of utilizing a standalone GPCM
- How attorneys can attack this method and how CPAs can defend this method
- The sources and types of data included in the analysis
- How to evaluate, interpret, and apply the public company information, including strengths and weaknesses
- How to select the proper level of reliability of this method
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete.
You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.