Archive 2017-105: Best Practices: Business Valuation Methods – The Guideline Company Transactions Method
**Webinar 105 Live Broadcast Date: March 8, 2017 **
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Business Valuation Methods – The Guideline Company Transactions Method with Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Learn the Best Practices of the Business Valuation Methods starting with this session. This is Part 1 of a series on Best Practices.
Best Practices – New case study applying Pratt’s Stats data
- Initial and subsequent screening
- Proper analysis of the data
- Adjustments to the data
- Proper application of the data
- Selecting multiples
- Conclusion and reconciliation
- Level of reliance
Also covered in this session:
- Proper and improper reliance on the GCTM
- Detailed discussion of the four databases and their reliability
- Linking the database instructions to the use of the data and its credibility
- Differences among the databases and why certain databases should be used in some circumstances and not others
- Strengths and weaknesses of each database and the proper application of the data
- How an attorney can attack your credibility, including violations of standards
Using a detailed case study, the participant will learn:
- The benefits and pitfalls of utilizing a standalone transactions method to value
- How attorneys can attack this method and how analysts can defend this method
- The sources and types of data included in the various transaction databases
- How to evaluate, interpret, and apply the database information, including strengths and weaknesses
- How to select the proper level of reliability of this method
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html. Note that CPE credit is not available for archived webinar packages.
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete.
You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.