Archive 2016-96: Calculation v. Valuation – How Each Fits in Your Practice
Speakers: Edward J. Dupke, CPA/ABV/CGMA, ASA and James Alerding, CPA/ABV, ASA
**Webinar95 Live Broadcast Date: July 20, 2016**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Calculation v. Valuation – How Each Fits in Your Practice
Are you being pressured by attorneys and clients to prepare low cost estimates of value? How comfortable do you feel going into court having prepared a calculation when the other side may have prepared a full valuation? Will your client pay you if your estimate of value does not meet the sufficient, reliable, believable, and “with reasonable certainty” tests? This webinar will bring you up to date on the current thinking related to calculations and their place in your practice.
- The participant will be updated on new thoughts regarding the use of calculations in various business valuation practice engagements
- The participants will have a review of the Federal Rules of Evidence 702 and the four qualities for convincing testimony
- The participants will get answers to real life questions and answers related to the use of calculation and valuations in litigation
- The participants will be privy to a detailed discussion of when calculations may be used and when they should not be used
- The participants will hear a discussion of how the various BV organizations’ standards of value apply to calculations
- The participant will gain new insight into the use of calculation engagements and calculation reports, including opinions of a calculated value
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete. You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.