2016-93: Annual New Year BV Update – The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2015 That You Need to Know and Understand (Archive Webinar Package)
**Webinar 93 Live Broadcast Date: February 3, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Annual New Year BV Update – The NEW Concepts, Data, Models, and Methods from 2015 That You Need to Know and Understand with Jim Hitchner
This webinar will help you keep that resolution and clear that clutter. We will only present what we believe to be some of the most important pieces of BV information from 2015. This will include only NEW concepts, data, models, and methods in such areas as cost of capital, S corps, Gordon Growth Model, discounts for lack of marketability (DLOMs), double-dip in divorce, transaction data, and BV standards including calculations.
The participant will –
- be updated on new thoughts on normalizing compensation and the double-dip in divorce valuations
- be updated on new criticisms of the size premium
- learn about new thoughts on the income approach for calculating DLOMs
- learn new insights on the use of market transactions
- learn about new views on S corp valuations, including 1) adusting the discount rate and 2) the IRS S Corp Job Aid
- learn about common mistakes in the use of the Gordon Growth Model for capitalization of cash flow methods
- gain a fresh look at the not-so-boring use of economic data
- learn about the use of averages (mean, harmonic mean, median, mode)
- gain new insight into the use of calculation engagements and calculation reports, including opinions of a calculated value
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader