Archive 2016-103: Buying, Selling, Valuing Small Businesses – The Similarities and the Differences
**Webinar 103 Live Broadcast Date: December 20, 2016**
Archived Webinar Package: VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Buying, Selling, Valuing Small Businesses – What Are the Similarities and What Are the Differences? with Gregory R. Caruso, JD, CPA, CVA
Do you have business-owner clients asking for advice about valuation and succession planning?
Would you like to know how to prepare more accurate and useful valuations for M&A or succession purposes?
This webinar will provide you with information and insight to better serve clients who are (or should be) looking to exit their business in the next few months to those with a 10-year window. We will look at the business sale process and dig into how it really works and what that means when we estimate values and offer value-building, succession, and due diligence advice.
- The participant will learn how buyers typically view acquisitions, allowing for more useful and accurate valuation assumptions and resulting valuations
- The participant will learn common mistakes professionals make during the planning and sales process that often unintentionally reduce price
- The differences between price and value will be examined, and you will be able to address the difference with clients from an on-the-ground practical vantage point
- The participant will learn a technique that improves the reliability of market method valuations
- The participant will learn the essential step most often left out of due diligence by both sides, which often results in disappointment and underperforming results
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please save the file to your hard drive or server. This is a very large file so please allow sufficient time for the download to complete.
You will also need to have the current version of Adobe Flash enabled on your computer. The file may not display in your browser window, (you may see a blank image) so be sure to download the file first and then open it on your computer using Adobe Reader.