Archive 2015-89: Small Business Divorce Valuations Including Case Studies and Examples
**Webinar 89 Live Broadcast Date: August 25, 2015**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Small Business Divorce Valuations Including Case Studies and Examples with speakers Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA and Jim Ewart, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA
Small business divorce valuations have been around for many years. In recent years, however, the various state courts have decided and published thousands of decisions relating to divorce valuations, making the performance of a valuation in divorce a complex minefield. In this webinar, Jim Ewart and Jim Alerding will bring their considerable experience to bear to demonstrate some of the issues to be considered in valuing a small business in divorce. Included will be a discussion of the role of personal goodwill in divorce valuations and examples of how to determine entity versus personal goodwill.
This downloadable archived webinar package is an interactive video of the webinar with the original webinar handouts.
- Unique issues in divorce valuations
- Business valuation standards in divorce valuation
- Standard of value
- Premise of value
- What is included or excluded from the marital estate as it relates to the business value
- Personal goodwill issues
- Pass-through entity (PTE) issues
- Case studies on personal vs. entity goodwill
- The participant will learn the issues for a small business valuation in a divorce
- The participant will learn the role of personal goodwill in divorce valuation
- The participant will learn through case studies how to determine and allocate goodwill between entity and personal goodwill
- The participant will learn how to review the report of an opposing expert in a divorce valuation matter
Participants on this webinar will:
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
The format of the archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have the current version of Adobe Reader. You can download the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader