VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series – Archive Webinar Package: How to Reconcile Your Value and Support Your Conclusions
Chris Hamilton, CPA, CFE, CVA Moderator with Mark Kucik, CPA, CVA, CFF, CM&AA
**Webinar 65 Live Broadcast Date: August 27, 2013 1:00-3:00 pm EDT**
The analyst has completed all the analysis required by the standards and utilized several methods to value the business. Now it is time to come to a conclusion and present the basis for the opinion of value. What should the analyst consider? What are the criteria for selecting the primary method? Should multiple methods be weighted? This session will address those questions and more related to the theory that all methods should, theoretically, lead to the same conclusion. This session will assist the practitioner in reconciling that theory with the reality of actual engagements.
- The participant will learn the impact of the theory that applying all methods should result in the same value conclusion.
- The participant will learn the practical reality and application of the reconciliation theory.
- The participant will learn the impact of various variables on the selection of a primary method of valuation.
- The participant will learn the importance of thinking about the audience when selecting valuation methods.
- The participant will learn about incorporating the reconciliation theory into the report.
- The participant will be exposed to some ideas of how to test their valuation conclusions through the reconciliation process.
- The appropriate consideration of standard of value, purpose of valuation, size of business, and size of interest, etc. on the selection of valuation method
- The risk rate as the common denominator across all valuation methods
- Reconciling outlier results
- Weighting conclusions
- Testing conclusions
- Justification of purchase
- Report writing and presentation considerations
- Reviewing and understanding “the other expert’s” report
- VPS Webinar PowerPoint slides
- Related articles
- Following the webinar, attendees will receive a webinar transcript along with an interactive video of the webinar showing the audio synced to the slide presentation in real time
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
Included in this downloadable archived webinar package:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader