Archive Webinar 2013-60: Business Valuation Calculations and Calculation Reports
**Webinar 60 Live Broadcast Date: March 27, 2013**
Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA and Ed Dupke, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Business Valuation Calculations and Calculation Reports
Jim Alerding and Ed Dupke spent over six years on the AICPA BV Standards Writing Task Force responsible for SSVS No. 1, and they know these standards
inside out. This includes calculation services. They are among the foremost experts on business valuation standards. Jim and Ed will tackle the tough
issues and take the time to answer your questions in a straight forward manner.
One of the main highlights of this session will be the presentation and discussion of two sample calculation reports (one short and one long) that are in
complete compliance with the valuation standards of the AICPA, IBA and NACVA. We will also cover compliance issues for ASA and USPAP calculations. You will
learn just about everything you ever wanted to know about calculations and calculation reports.
- The rules and prohibitions concerning calculations and calculation reports
- Suggested uses of calculations and reports
- What level of reliance is allowed under the rules and how that is disclosed
- What wording is allowed in calculation reports
- Traps and problems in calculations and calculation reports
- Who uses calculations and calculation reports and when and why they use them
- Length of calculation reports – detailed review of short (minimalist) and long (more detailed) reports
- What should NOT go in a calculation report
- Differences between ASA and AICPA calculation services
- New thoughts on how ASA and SSVS calculations can conform to USPAP
- Review of the new AICPA Sample Report for a Calculation Engagement: Calculation Report
- The participant will learn what the minimal requirements are for an AICPA, ASA, IBA, NACVA and USPAP calculation engagement
Using the updated (March 2013) sample calculation report handouts, the participant will learn what needs to go into a calculation report that is in
compliance with AICPA, IBA and NACVA standards
- The participant will learn the nuances and gray areas in the use of calculations and calculation reports
- The participant will learn how to perform an ASA and SSVS calculation that is in conformance with USPAP
- The participant will learn about the recently issued AICPA Sample Report for a Calculation Engagement: Calculation Report
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
Included in this downloadable archived webinar package:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please note that CPE is only available for live webinar broadcasts.