Archive Webinar Package: Reasonable Compensation – What, Where and Why?
Stacey D. Udell, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA, ASA
**Webinar 39 Broadcast Date: August 3, 2011**
This session will focus on one of the most subjective areas of valuation: reasonable compensation for marital dissolution cases, tax purposes, and closely held businesses.
- What is the issue with reasonable compensation?
o Components of compensation
o How have the courts defined compensation?
o Multi factor vs. independent investor standards
- Sources of information
o General, government, and industry specific publications and websites
o Third-party sources
o What is included in the data?
o 12-point checklist
- Selected new and landmark cases
- The participant will learn the history of the reasonable compensation issue
- The participant will gain an understanding of what needs to be considered in their compensation conclusions
- The participant will learn the resources available to practitioners to assist in reasonable compensation analysis
- The participant will hear about new court cases dealing with reasonable compensation and landmark cases providing practitioners guidance for their analysis
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Article: “A Look at Reasonable Compensation”
- Article “Reasonable Compensation: Can Your Conclusion Survive this 12-point Checklist?”
Following the webinar, attendees will receive a webinar transcript along with an interactive video of the webinar showing the audio synced to the
slide presentation in real time
Included in this downloadable package are:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please note that CPE is only available for live webinar broadcasts.