Archive Webinar 2010-29:The Expert Business Valuation Report: Preventative Medicine – How to Avoid the Big Mistakes and Win the Credibility War
Webinar 29 Broadcast Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010
Speakers: Jay Fishman, FASA and Carole S. Gailor, JD
This program will present a discussion of the core problems with business valuation reports that can negatively impact how the court may perceive the report conclusions and the credibility of the appraiser. Fishman and Gailor will provide you with the appraiser’s and lawyer’s perspective on “report-killing” issues including failure to comply with professional standards and ethical rules; failure to take into account variances in state law, unadjusted comparables, insufficient data and analyses, insufficient disclosures, inappropriate discounts, inappropriate reliance on Rules of Thumb and more.
- Learn the common and uncommon business valuation report errors that can hurt the appraiser’s credibility and how to avoid them
- Learn how to avoid exploitation of mistakes by a cross-examining lawyer; how to prepare for cross-examination while performing your expert report
- Understand the impact even small mistakes or errors have on the appraiser’s credibility and learn how to increase your credibility in the expert report
- Learn what to do if confronted with a valuation report error on cross-examination in deposition or trial
- Is it a mistake to critique the opponent’s business valuation report?
Included in this downloadable package are:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please note that CPE is only available for live webinar broadcasts.