Buy-Sell Agreements: New Service Line Opportunity – Helping Your Clients Ensure They Work
Webinar 28 Broadcast Date Thursday, August 19, 2010
Speaker Z. Christopher Mercer, ASA, CFA, ABAR
Chris Mercer in his book – Buy-Sell Agreements for Closely Held and Family Business Owners: How to Know Your Agreement Will Work Without Triggering It covers why the majority of your clients have buy-sell agreements that will not accomplish the mission when they are “triggered.” This program shows how you can help your clients avoid problems and have smooth transitions of ownership. Buy-sell agreements are legal documents, but they are also valuation and business documents, which is the perspective of this webinar. Mercer will provide you with information that will help ensure that your clients’ buy-sell, shareholder, or joint venture agreements result in reasonable resolutions. Help your clients avoid the many ticking time bombs set to explode upon a triggering event.
- Learn to identify areas of concern or confusion after a cursory review of your client’s buy-sell agreement
- Review the Buy-Sell Agreement Audit Checklist and learn to test agreements from valuation and business perspectives
- Understand the pitfalls inherent in formula and fixed-price agreements and know what you can do to fix them
- Find out the six defining valuation elements that must be present in every process agreement. Without any of these elements, your client’s agreement is potentially headed for trouble
- Learn about the best valuation process agreement for most companies and why it is the best
- Learn why buy-sell agreements are real business opportunities for CPAs and appraisers
Included in this downloadable package are:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please note that CPE is only available for live webinar broadcasts.