Archive Webinar 2009-15: Transaction Databases: Can You Rely on Them?
G. William Kennedy, Ph.D., CPA/ABV
Webinar 15 Original Broadcast Date: July 15, 2009
* General statistical concepts and explanation of key terms
* The purpose of time series analysis and detail on how to model time series data
* Steps required to perform a statistical analysis including potential problems
* Regression analysis using cross sectional data
* Planning the regression application including samples cases of a good fit industry and a poor fit industry
* Overview of the different types of statistical analysis that can be performed in a business valuation or litigation engagement.
* List of statistics reference materials
* Specific examples of statistical applications in actual damages and lost profits cases including “event studies” stock price response which
is used in security fraud cases.
* Use of statistics and simulation models in litigation support
- The participant will learn about basic statistical modeling and how those models are applied to business valuation and litigation engagements.
- The participant will learn how to avoid potential problems in applying statistical data.
- The participant will learn what reference materials are available to consult when preparing a statistical analysis.
Using a case study format, the participant will learn how to apply regression and determine whether it is a good fit industry or a poor fit
Included in this downloadable package are:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please note that CPE is only available for live webinar broadcasts.