Archive Webinar 2009-12:Business Valuation Research – the Internet and Web 2.0
Webinar 12 Original Broadcast Date: April 28, 2009
Jan Davis and Eva M. Lang present:
- What two nationally known valuation research experts think are the best resources for valuation engagements
- Techniques to find guideline public companies, comparable transactions, industry and economic information, and executive compensation information
Jan Davis spends hours a day performing research on the Internet for business appraisers. In this session, Jan shows you how she creates targeted
searches to get the data she needs quickly and efficiently.
Through case studies of how to find guideline public companies, comparable transactions, industry and economic information, executive compensation and
data to help build litigation support cases, Jan shows you how to:
- Search by file type to zero in on relevant data
- Decide when to spend money for data instead of wasting time looking for free information
- Incorporate Web 2.0 and social media, such as blogs, podcasts and LinkedIn to find additional information and to ensure you’ve covered your bases.
Jan will be joined by Eva Lang for a special “Beat the Recession” segment on the top free sites on the internet for business valuation professionals.
Eva will cover cool tools to help your practice as well as free resources of data for your business valuation and litigation engagements.
Over the last 13 years, Eva and Jan have collaborated on a number of projects including the book “The Best Websites for Financial Professionals
” and a course for the Center for Advanced Valuation Studies of the American Society of Appraisers. You will not want to miss this interactive webinar
and the opportunity to get the very latest information on using internet in your business valuation or litigation practice.
- The participant will learn what two nationally known valuation research experts think are the best resources for valuation engagements
The participant will learn the techniques to find guideline public companies, comparable transactions, industry and economic information, and
executive compensation information
- The participant will learn how to research efficiently to save time and money on business valuation and litigation engagements.
- The participant will learn about free resources to help with practice management and to support business valuation and litigation engagements.
The participant will learn how new social media resources are increasingly important and can’t be overlooked when researching business valuation
The participant will be able to learn how to properly manage a research project including guidelines for determining when to use free vs. fee based
Included in this downloadable package are:
- Audio/Video file
- Webinar transcript
- Original Webinar handouts
The archived webinar package is an Adobe Presenter PDF file that allows you to view the video of the webinar with the synced audio so that you see the presentation just as it was presented “live.” The Presenter format also allows for easy navigation through the webinar so you can quickly go to a specific section in the presentation. The handout materials are included in the file. To view the Webinar Presenter file, you must have Adobe Reader software version 9 or higher. You can download the free current version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader Please note that CPE is only available for live webinar broadcasts.