2023-185: Reflections on a 50-year Career in Business Valuation
**Webinar 185: Live Broadcast Date: December 5, 2023, 1:00-3:00 pm EST**
VPS STRAIGHTtalk Webinar Series:
Jay E. Fishman, FASA, FRICS
Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV
Based on their 50 years of business valuation and career experience, Jay E. Fishman, FASA, FRICS and Jim Alerding, CPA/ABV will discuss from their perspectives the evolution of the valuation profession as to where it is today.
In a section of the presentation entitled “It’s Not that Simple,” Jay and Jim will challenge some of the core concepts in business valuation and discuss experiences when each found themselves in a position that was untenable as an expert witness. “Sometimes you get out of the noose and other times you hang.”
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- Is there such a thing as a financial buyer in today’s world?
- Do observed discounts for closed end mutual funds reflect only a discount for lack of control ?
- Do put option models adequately capture discounts for lack of marketability or overstate them?
- Is a private company really less marketable than a public company because it is private?
- The use of outsourcing of the appraisal process and its impact on the quality of the opinion of value?
With our simple flat pricing plan, your entire office (up to 20 people) can join us for this 100-minute presentation, earn two hours of CPE credit and receive an archive recording for $239. Contact email@example.com if your firm will have more than 20 attendees.
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group/Internet based
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of business valuation concepts
CPE Credits: Two 50-minute CPE hours / Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
For more information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution visit our CPE page at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.