2022-171: Recent Trends in Estate and Gift Tax Valuation
**Webinar 171: Live Broadcast Date: October 6, 2022, 1:00-3:00 pm EDT**
VPS STRAIGHTtalk Webinar Series: Recent Trends in Estate and Gift Tax Valuation
Speaker: Laurie-Leigh White, CPA*/ABV, ASA, CEIV
The consequences of an unsupported valuation can be costly for taxpayers. Decisions in estate tax court cases over the past few years have underscored the need for analysts to reflect the impact of the economic environment, to consider value drivers and to apply suitable scrutiny to projection assumptions. This presentation we review the implications of recent tax court decisions on valuation and unique considerations in the pre- and post- pandemic environment.
The participant will learn about:
- the implications of pre-Covid and post-Covid changes in data used to support a discount for lack of control
- how to adjust for Paycheck Protection Program loans and Employee Retention Credits in valuation analyses
- issues in tax affecting pass-through entities
- the impact of macroeconomic trends on transaction and public company multiples by sector
- the potential valuation impacts of recent Tax Court cases
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program
With our simple flat pricing plan, your entire office can join us for this 100-minute presentation, earn two hours of CPE credit and receive an archive recording for $239. Note that certain restrictions apply to firms with more than 20 attendees.
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group/Internet based
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of business valuation concepts
CPE Credits: Two 50-minute CPE hours / Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
For more information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution visit our CPE page at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
Once you purchase this item, download the Webinar Participant Instructions document before you exit the shopping cart. You will need to follow the instructions to obtain the log-in credentials in advance of the webinar.