2021-156: Providing Expert Testimony in Business Valuation: What to Watch For and What to Watch Out For
**Webinar 156: Live Broadcast Date: July 13, 2021, 1:00-3:00 pm EDT**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Providing Expert Testimony in Business Valuation: What to Watch For and What to Watch Out For
Speakers: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Hitchner has testified about 100 times and has a wealth of experience to share. He will discuss testimony for depositions, bench trials, jury trials, and trials before arbitrators, mediators, and in other administrative proceedings. He will tackle the tough issues and take the time to answer your questions in a straightforward manner.
*Deposition Preparation Checklist*
*Sample Cross-Examination Questions and Answers*
*A Mock Testimony*
The participant will learn about the following:
- How to gather trial experience even before your own first testimony experience
- Fulfilling your engagement, a prerequisite to testimony
- How to prepare for a deposition
- How to prepare for a jury trial
- How to prepare for a bench trial
- How to prepare for administrative hearings
- The nuances and gray areas in the use of testimony
- How BV standards can be used to either help or hurt your testimony
- The limits of opinions offered after review of the report of another expert – USPAP Standards No. 3 and No. 4
- When and how to approach testimony in depositions and various types of trials
- The differences between trial testimony and deposition testimony
- The dos and don’ts concerning depositions and trial testimony
- Handling trick questions
- The general rules in depositions and trials
- Preparing for a deposition
- Preparing for trial
- Dealing with soft spots in testimony
- How attorneys use BV standards to reinforce or destroy an expert’s credibility
- Review of the work of another expert – USPAP Standards No. 3 and No. 4 – What conclusions can you offer?
- How to handle a belligerent cross-examination
- Testimony in arbitration, mediation, and other administrative hearingsHandouts:
- VPS webinar PowerPoint slides
- Deposition preparation checklist
- Sample cross-examination questions and answers
- Following the webinar, attendees will have access to a video recording of the program
With our simple flat pricing plan, your entire office can join us for this 100-minute presentation, earn two hours of CPE credit and receive an archive recording for $239. Note that certain restrictions apply to firms with more than 20 attendees.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
Once you purchase this item, download the Webinar Participant Instructions document before you exit the shopping cart. You will need to follow the instructions to obtain the log-in credentials in advance of the webinar.