2020-148: Business Valuation in a COVID World – Cost of Capital, Growth Rates, and Uncertainties
**Webinar 148: Live Broadcast Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020, 1:00-3:00 pm EDT**
VPS StraightTalk Webinar Series: Business Valuation in a COVID World – Cost of Capital, Growth Rates, and Uncertainties
Speaker: Jim Hitchner, CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA
Are you unsure about valuing U.S. businesses during this pandemic?
Do you know how to prepare a supportable discount rate and growth rates?
This webinar will show you how to deal with these unprecedented times and give you the tools and data to help you prepare a valuation. This includes the right tools for computing discount, growth, and capitalization rates.
The participant will learn about the following:
- • How to assess uncertainty and support your value conclusion
• Is the equity discount rate affected? If so, how and where?
• Is the weighted average cost of capital affected? If so, how and where?
• Is the level of and rate on debt affected? If so, how and where?
• Why D&P increased their recommended equity risk premium
• Why D&P lowered their normalized risk-free rate
• How to support a size premium
• What’s going on with betas and industry risk premiums
• Company-specific risk – Is it the great equalizer in this pandemic?
• Where do you get interim growth rates?
• Where do you get long-term growth rates?
• How should projected company value drivers be reflected in estimating value (revenue, cost, growth, competition, market conditions, etc.)?
Participants will have access to a copy of the presentation slides and a video recording of the program.
With our simple flat pricing plan, your entire office can join us for this 100-minute presentation, earn two hours of CPE credit (Specialized Knowledge) and receive an archive recording for $239. Note that certain restrictions apply to firms with more than 20 attendees.
Information on CPE credits, refund policies, and complaint resolution can be found at www.valuationproducts.com/cpe.html.
Once you purchase this item, download the Webinar Participant Instructions document before you exit the shopping cart. You will need to follow the instructions to obtain the log-in credentials in advance of the webinar.